I have suffered from Asthma ever since my stint in the Army in Desert Storm. So, when my sinuses start draining into my lungs, I get real worried. I can’t function when my lungs get congested. I have no air. I can only do things that require sitting. I definitely can’t let the mucus settle in for very long.
I woke up on Friday not being able to breathe well because of the congestion. I was determined not to stay like this so I went to my herbal stash and found some herbs and essential oils to use as a compress.
I grabbed some black pepper, red pepper, oregano spice, and clove spice and ground together in my mixer. I then mixed together with a little massage oil, 3 drops Eucalyptus essential oil, and 3 drops Peppermint essential oil. I rubbed some Vicks vapor rub on my chest first and then applied my mixture over the top and rubbed until blended. I put a wet wash cloth over the rub and put my heating pad on over that to get it all hot. I did this twice daily.
It gets a little messy but is so worth it. All of my coughs have produced flem. It is annoying to dry cough and I have avoided it this time. I am still struggling a little but I am fast on the road to recovery. I was actually able to do laundry today without getting out of breath.
Keeping things bottled up inside you can put a lot of unnecessary stress on your mind, spirit and body. There is no need for you to remember everything. You can release your mind to focus on just what it needs to.
I use Simpleology.com every morning to BRAIN DUMP everything going on in my head. I type everything thing I am thinking about doing, need to do, don’t want to do now — whatever. This website has a sorting feature that allows you to sort through all the tasks rambling in your head in order to find what you need to do today, what can wait to another day and what just needs to be tossed. Talk about freeing your mind!!! I no longer have to carry a long list of to do’s in my head. If I want to remember something, I TEXT my thought to the “Dream Catcher” feature of this website and it will hold it for me to deal with later. If there are some long term items I wish to handle, there is a “Mental Lockbox” to hold all of that now-useless information until it is needed. THIS SERVICE IS FREE!!! So, what are you waiting for?
Record your thoughts, feelings and history into a journal. I use these cheap marble composition books. Every year at the beginning of the school year, Walmart sells this books for $0.50 each. I stock up. They have a variety of styles and I like to mix them up. Every morning when I am reading my scriptures, I record something in my journal. Sometimes, I just record the previous day’s events or loved ones birthdays. There are times that I record something spiritual that has taught me or uplifted me. This practice of writing in my journal has allowed me a path to safely share my feelings and has helped me heal from physical and sexual abuse I received as a child. I reduce my stress by “venting” to my journal. As writing, I try to remember that one day my children, grand children and so one will be reading my words so I keep it as PG rated as possible. However, I won’t hide the truth from them because there are lessons to be learned in my mistakes. The very act of recording my emotions and thoughts in my journal actually free my mind to work on the tasks I have at hand. It is a wonderful feeling!
I am constantly reading some Self-Help or How-To book. The many “megabytes” of information I am pouring into my brain is overwhelming sometimes. I have found a way to gather, process and retain this information WITHOUT having to fully store it in my head. I have created a private blog with WordPress.com and have made sure that it is not open for others to see. When I go through a book, I take bullet point notes in blog entry, set the category as the name of the book, the topics it cover and such. This allows the information to be categorized and stored for when I need it. When I need to know how to plant flowers, well, I just click the plant flowers category link. I won’t have to read the book again and yet I won’t have to store too much in my head either. I have a business “brain” blog and a personal one. It has made my life a lot more convenient as well as less stressful because my brain capacity is not being used to the fullest yet I am learning new things all the time.
Try out at least one of these ideas and see if over a little time life doesn’t seem as stressful. Let me know how it works for you!
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. (John 14:27)
Everything is so fast paced. Our To-Do list just keep getting longer. Deadlines, Expectations, Appointments — all seem to grow into an unstoppable force. Smart phones and tablets hold us hostage to constant stimulation. We are more “social” than any other generation in history. I love logging onto Facebook to see who is walking their dog now or who just got through eating dinner. I am guilty of such social ramblings myself. Our generation is expected to do more, handle more and just be more.
Our bodies can’t handle constant stimulation. We are an unique “animal” which requires release from adrenaline in order to be healthy. We need to play and we need to relax. We need time to allow our minds to just wonder and process all unconscious data we have rambling around.
I had the awesome opportunity to spend 10 years of my life as a massage therapist. I retired because I got pregnant with twins and my body just can’t handle working on people any more. However, my heart will always turn to the lessons I learned when it comes with dealing with stressed.
- Breathe. Go to a quiet area, close your eyes and just breathe deeply. Repeat 5 times. You will be amazed at how much you feel your shoulders relax.
- Pray. Don’t just pray, but LISTEN. When you speak to your Heavenly Father, take time to listen to what He wants to tell you. He speaks with feelings and thoughts. You can always know when He is speaking to you because you have a great sense of peace come over you.
- Write in a Journal. I use a journal to write what is bothering me, what I am happy about, and what is in my life. I purge my brain and heart of my thoughts and feelings so that I can process them efficiently.
- Simpleology. I don’t keep a running To-Do list in my head because it stresses me out. I use the skills taught at Simpleology.com to help me process my goals, to-do lists and actions that I must take. There is a section there called “Mental Lockbox” which allows me to store things I don’t want to forget but don’t want to store in my head either. This service is free, so why not use it? Be sure to do the training it provides so you can use the tools more effectively.
- Drink Lots of Water. Water will flush out the toxins in your body. It will dilute the caffeine you ingest so your nerve endings won’t be stimulated to the point of unneeded stress.
- Soak in a Hot Bath. Taking time to just relax in hot water will allow your mind to release and your muscles to relax. If you don’t have a tub, use a shower. It does help.
- Aromatherapy. I love essential oils. Lavender is one of many that calm your senses and allow you to relax. I use a Therapeutic Grade Lavender Essential Oil . Click Here and give it a try.
- Get a massage. If you can afford it, please go get a massage from a licensed massage therapist. You will be amazed how wonderful you will feel when you are done. Toxins will be released and muscles will be rejuvenated. Ideally, get one once per week but worst case scenario, try to get one every month.
- Sit by Water. I love to go sit by a source of water and meditate. By meditate I mean that I just let go and relax and focus on what the water is doing. There is something so soothing about hearing or watching water work its magic.
- Yoga. You don’t have to embrace Eastern philosophies in order to benefit from Yoga. I use an easy, beginner’s stretching workout that releases all the muscles in my body while breathing correctly. I feel relaxed, rejuvenated and renewed every time I spend the 15 minutes doing my program.
Finding your path to relaxation doesn’t have to be expensive or impossible. It is mostly free and can be done in the bathroom of your work place if needed. You can’t choose what people say and do to you. However, you CAN choose to not let their crap stress you out. You have control over your body and you can choose to live a relaxed life.
“And the Lord said unto him, Peace be unto thee”
Did you know that when you spend your time criticizing other people, you are really destroying your spirit and ruining your health? Today, it seems that everyone is always complaining about someone else. It is always someone else’s fault. It is easier to see what is wrong in the neighbor’s backyard instead of tending to your own.
It takes a lot of energy to focus on negative thoughts and feelings. It makes a person tired, grumpy and unsatisfied. Wouldn’t it be great to feel free again?
“Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour,
Try this exercise:
and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice”
Write down 3 things you like about someone you want to criticize. Every time you feel like criticizing someone, find something to praise them about. You will feel better and you just might find that person starts becoming more than they were.
“Thou shall not speak evil of thy neighbor”
Doctrine and Covenants 42:27
Morinda Bioactives has come out with a new blend of Bioactives that has 29 different iridoids (nature made medicine packets). It contains noni, cornelean cherries, olive leaves and blueberry.
Within 2 minutes of taking my first One ounce sample, my mind became more alert and I felt energized. I have been drinking it every day for the past 3 weeks and have gotten more business, more housework and more activities done than the whole previous 4 months.
My mind focuses much more clearly and I have energy to do the things my mind comes up with.
To learn more about MAX, please visit http://www.Max-Works.com.